- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Potatoes – 2 small, cubed
- Onion – 1/2 medium, chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Green chilies – 3 – 4
- Fresh Ginger Garlic crushed – 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing / asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Dried methi leaves (kasoori methi) – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves / cilantro, chopped – To garnish
1. Coarsely grind the onion, green chillies and tomato in a mixie.
2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Lower the heat and add hing and crushed ginger-garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add the ground mix mentioned in step 1, salt and saute well.
4. Meanwhile microwave the cauliflower and potatoes separately with salt and pepper powder for few minutes until half done(optional, this is done in order to save time).
5. Once the oil start separating from the paste, add the coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, pepper powder and kasoori methi. Mix well and add the lime juice.
6. Then add potatoes and cauliflower florets, mix well and sprinkle some water. Cover it with a lid and cook at medium – low heat. Stir in between. It will be ready within 15 – 20 mts. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapathi, poori or nan.
- To make it extra-tasty – Deep fry the cauliflower and potatoes with little salt and pepper and directly add to the gravy.
Recipe by Lakshmi Abhilash