Sweet Boli

1. Latha says:

Hi Yummy Team
    Its a gr8 snack, I tried it & kids loved it.
    Suggest that the maida ball to be made smaller than lemon size as it requires to be rolled out very thin or else the filling might not spread evenly while rolling.
    Thanks & looking forward to many more postings on sweet & savoury snacks.

Thanks a lot for reminding me about the size of balls. Actullay i forgot to mention that in the post. I have added it. Thanks for the comment.

Hi
    Rather than turmeric powder, strands of saffron will enhance the colour & taste of the sweetboli.
    Regards

Yes, saffron is a good substitute for turmeric powder. Thanks for the comment.

5. Lekshmy says:

I have tasted her Boli so many times…its very yummy!nice blog..keep going..good luck to both of you.

Lekshmy,
    Thanks a lot 🙂

7. Sumees says:

Do we have to soak the dal?

Sumees,
    There is no need to soak the dal..

9. Sumees says:

Thanks a lot for the wonderful recipe. It came out really good 🙂

10. Beena Nair says:

I tried this recipe last week for Vishu Sadya and it came out really good 🙂
    Also, got good feedback from my Seattle friends!

Sumees,

You’re welcome dear 🙂 Really happy to know that it came out well for you. Please do try out our other recipes and share your feedback..Thanks again!

Beena Nair,

Thanks a lot for trying this recipe. A special thanks for leaving your comment here 🙂 Am really glad to know that you and your friends liked it. Please keep visiting..

Hi, i tried this today and it came out excellent ! I was missing the soft and sweet bolis here in B’lore.the ones available in shops are usually like yellow chappathis ..very dry and chalky. this recipe is excellent 🙂 thanks a lot!

Warm regards,
    Priya

Priya,

Thanks a ton for your feedback..Really happy to know that you enjoyed it..

14. Inns says:

Hi there,
    Tried out your recipe for boli and it came out very well, kudos to you guys.
    Its a sweet that we dont get to buy out here so everyone liked it and commented that “it tastes just like the one served for the weddings in india”!!!!

15. Archana says:

YummyTeam..

I have been trying hard to make this :(.When I cover with a thin layer of maida ball,chana is coming out while rolling, which makes it impossible to roll..When I tried with thick layer of maida , it was becoming very stiff after a while..Could you please help me out?..Urs look awesome..Thanks in advance..

16. christy says:

can we use besan flour instead of dal…

17. aswathy says:

can we use any other oil instead of sesame oil

18. JEncy Varghese says:

Thanks for this recipe. How do you reheat the bolis once you refrigerate them? I am planning to make it two days in advance before onam and it would convenient to make it earlier. Thanks

19. sandhya rani says:

But main ingredients are nutmeg and mace (jaathikka and jaathi patri) which are not used in this recipe. They add unique flavour to boli