IdichakkaThoran /Tender Green Jackfruit Stir Fry

1. ShyamKochu says:

You guys rock! You just added another 9 more dishes in 3 days!! Btw, we had the ‘snaps’ of baked salmon and Chicken fry for dinner tonight :D)

On a more serious note, we will be trying out some of these recipes over the weekend.

Forgot to add – Palappam looks so yummy…!

Dear ShyamKochu,

Thanks a lot. We are glad to know you that you will try our recipes. Do let us know how they came out. Post your suggestions/comments so that we can learn from them. Keep visiting again…

3. Superchef says:

I have always seen this jackfruit in can but never thought it will actually taste as good as the fresh ones you get back home. This thoran does look like as if its made from the fresh jackfruit. Now i dont have a reason not to try this out. Thanks girls 🙂

(this is manju btw, my screen name on blogger is SuperChef)

Thanks for stopping by 🙂 Nothing can replace the taste of fresh tender jackfruit. But this tastes almost as good as the fresh ones. Do let us know how it came out…

5. julieantony says:

This was the 1st recipe from your blog that I tried, 2nd being the chicken roast..:-) this came out great as well..:-) and thanks a ton ! The dish I made had a little sour taste, I gussed it is from the can and the syrup- Did yours have it too?

Thanks a lot for trying out our recipes and for your feedback. This dish have never tasted sour when I made it. Probably its from the syrup like you guessed. I usually discard the syrup and wash the jackfruit pieces before using it. Try that way next time. Hope this helps.

7. julie says:

Hmm.. I guess didn’t wash it well enough, will rinse it thoroughly next time..

If it still tastes sour, problem might be with the can..Good luck 🙂

9. meeras says:

Nice recipe and awesome pics..Its my fav..

10. julie says:

turned out out great this time, your tip worked ! Recipe was demanded by many, and I sent your blog details to all who asked..Keep up the great work ! 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Glad that the tip worked..Thanks a lot for your support..Hope you will try out more of our recipes 🙂 Thanks once again..

12. chitra says:

this is my favorite dish. my mom use to do this often. but after my marriage i missed this very much.thanks for this.i am going to try myself.