Ada Pradhaman

1. Foodie Ann says:

2. wow…drooling payasam dear…want to have it right now..

3. Very tempting pics !!! I love payasam with jaggery and yours looks so perfect !!

4. This is so delicious,adding jaggery is so interesting…yum!

5. My fav kerela dessert…looks super yum that it makes me crave for some

6. looks yum ,delicious and mouthwatering….wonderful pics…

7. DEESHA says:

looks great .. love the pic

8. Looks so tempting! So are the photos!

9. wow .. veryy yummyyyyyyyy…

LOoks yum….delicious and healthy…lovd the fab click…!

i had it for the 1st time a couple of days back and loved it..never knew i cud handle any other payasam than the pic..make me want one bowl now

12. yummy yumm..ente fav anu ada pradhaman, amma epolum undakki tahrumayrunu..kothy varundea…

13. wow.. delicious… looks perfect..

Very new to me..looks total yum!!

Beautiful looking ada pradhaman, very tempting..

16. Kamalika says:

Looks tempting….

17. Fathima says:

Kidilam payasam.. for me sadya is never complete w/o a sarkara payasam….

18. ♥Aps♥ says:

Wow very well presented 🙂

19. Pavithra says:

WOw wow wow..looks authentic and my fav one too..u gals did great job by posting the sadya dishes sure i will keep this a reference and bookmarked many… wonderful .

20. looks lovely,love the presentation..

21. Omg, am hungry now..Such a delicious ada pradhaman!!my all time fav..

22. Radhika says:

Whoa that looks authentic and delicious. Slurpp. did you use home made coconut milk. I tried my hand with store bought and was not really happy with the results 🙁 How many coconut do you think I will need for this recipe. I am seriously craving for some good Ada Pradhaman. Thanks in advance.

23. Radhika says:

Thanks for writing back to me 🙂

24. pooja says:

I am new to your blog .What does ada mean ?

25. Sarah Naveen says:

oh awesome..awesome…ichira kittiyal kollam 🙂

Thank You all for your lovely comments.

@ Pooja,
    We;come to our space :). Ada is basically rice flakes that is made of rice flour. You can easily find it in Indian stores. We will post its picture soon.

@ Radhika,
    Lakshmi used 3 coconuts for that ada pradhaman recipe. Grate those coconuts, add around 1/2 cup warm water and squeeze to extract thick coconut milk(first extraction). Now add more water (around 2 cup or so) to the already squeezed coconut and squeeze again to get the second extraction or thin coconut milk. Finally strain the extractions through a fine sieve.

You can make this process easier using a mixer. Grind the grated coconut with the water in a mixer. Then use a meshed strainer and press down on the coconut for the first extraction. Repeat the same for the second extraction. Good luck

hi i just wanted to say thank you for posting this recipe..i have made it 4 times now and it’s always a hit, everyone loves it…i like that it doesnt require too much ghee and has a lot of flavor..thanks!

28. Judy Isac says:

Thank you so much for the wonderful recipes…always super.

29. annie says:

very well presented and looks yummy and delicious.what about trying the dairy-milk?