1. Tofu – 200 gm (I used extra-firm tofu)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To taste
2. Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green chilly – 1, finely chopped
3. Tomato – 2 tbsp, seeds and pulp removed and finely chopped
4. Bell pepper – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
5. Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
1. Using paper towels squeeze out the moisture from tofu. Crumble it with your fingers and place in a bowl. Add tumeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger, chopped onion, green chilly and saute for a few minutes until the onion starts to turn light brown. Add tomato and chopped bell pepper. Saute for a minute and add the tofu. Mix everything well and stir-fry for 2 minutes at medium-low heat. Check for salt. Add little pepper powder and a pinch of garam masala powder if you want. Switch off. Garnish with chopped cilantro. This would make a good stuffing for chapathis.