Pita bread Pizza with Paneer and Veggies
Ingredients (For 2 pita bread pizza)
1. Paneer – 3/4 cup, cubed
2. Yoghurt – 1 tbsp
Tandoori masala powder – 1.5 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To taste
3. Olive oil or vegetable oil – 3 – 4 tsp
Marinate the paneer cubes with ingredients numbered 2 and set aside for 30 minutes.
3. Pocketless pita bread – 2 (You can replace it with naan)
4. Red and green bell pepper – 1/2 cup each,chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup, cut into small cubes
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To taste
5. Pizza sauce – 2 – 3 tbsp
6. Shredded cheese – Around 5 – 6 tbsp (I used Mexican shredded cheese)
1. Heat 2 – 3 tsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add the marinated paneer cubes and fry until golden brown, about 1 – 2 minutes on each side. To the same pan, add 1 more tsp oil and add the bell pepper and onion cubes. Season with salt and pepper powder. Stir-fry for 3 – 4 minutes at medium or medium-high heat. The veggies should be half-cooked but still crunchy. Switch off.
2. Preheat oven at 400 F.
3. Spread 1.5 tbsp pizza or sphagetti sauce on a pita bread. Top with paneer cubes and the veggies followed by around 3 tbsp shredded cheese. Place in oven without a pan with the bottom of bread closer to the heat to achieve a better crust. (You can place the bread on a parchment paper if you want.) Bake for about 6 – 7 minutes until cheese melts and crust is slightly crispy. Take it out carefully using a spatula and cut into wedges. Serve immediately as it is or with garlic sauce / yoghurt, mint and cucumber dip etc.