Pavakka Mulakittathu

1. Deepa says:

Loved your post. You have made bitter gourd curry look so delicious and tempting. Wonderful method to attract kids.
    Deepa

2. Rashmi says:

Loved the recipe.. I like bitter gourd will definitely try this.. Red rice n those veggies look yummy.

Incredible and terrific pavalla mulakittathu,cant resist.

4. Sridevi Ravi says:

Nice pictures and a lovely blog! I normally make theeyal with bitter gourd. This curry looks very attractive. I have learned to like pavakka…so will surely try this. Good job, keep rocking!

5. Praseeda says:

Hi Maya, tried this yesterday. It came out good, but my bitter gourd was very bitter in taste. So I added some coconut milk and jaggery to it at the end. It was super delicious, all in the family enjoyed. Usually I make ‘Theeyal’, I found this as a substitute for theeyal. Thanks a lot. 🙂

6. Anu says:

i made this curry but it was very very bitter. i couldnt eat it. please dont make such bad recipes.

7. Maya Akhil says:

I am really sorry about that, Anu. I should have mentioned that this recipe works well with comparitively “less bitter” bittergourd. I already got two feedbacks saying it came out well for them. As you can see in the comment above, coconut milk and jaggery can be added to reduce the bitterness of the dish. I will mention these tips in the post. Sorry again!

8. jasira anas says:

i tried this recipe today. very very tasty….. thanx for sharing dis one………..

9. Preetz says:

Made this last week .. Love this paavakka curry. Came out wonderful! Thank you!

10. Binsy Anil says:

Hi Maya

I was looking for a substitute for Theeyal, then I found this recipe from your site. I was so happy… I tried it today and it turned out very nicely. My bitter gourd was dark green, though it was not that much bitter… It was soooo good. Thank youuuuu soooo much for sharing this recipe!!

Binsy Anil

11. jebi says:

Hi Maya.. I hated pavakka from my childhood but my hubby forced me me to buy few during shopping. I was thinking how I will prepare it then i saw ur recipe. To reduce the bitterness u keep the pavakka in salt water for some time and squeeze it before preparin the curry. It came out very good. Thank u dear …

12. Sherry says:

yummy… came out good.. thanks a lot..

13. Asha says:

Tried it……awesome! Thanks, Maya!

14. tom says: