Black bean Quesadilla / Mexican Recipes
1. Black beans, cooked – 1 cup (Soak dried black beans in enough water for 8 – 10 hours. Drain and wash well. Cook in a vessel adding water and enough salt until done, about 25 minutes. You can use canned black beans instead. Remove excess moisture using a paper towel).
Corn – 1/2 cup
Red onion, finely chopped – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 1 medium clove, minced
Cilantro – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Jalapeno pepper – 1/2 – 1 tsp, minced
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt and pepper – As required to season
2. Shredded cheese – 3/4 – 1 cup
3. Tortilla, whole wheat / flour – 3
1. Combine all the ingredients numbered 1 in a bowl.
2. Warm the tortilla in a pan. Transfer to a plate and brush with little olive oil. Sprinkle around 2 tbsp grated cheese on one half of the tortilla. Top it with around 1/2 cup black bean filling followed by 2 tbsp shredded cheese.(OR you can combine the shredded cheese with the black bean mixture and use as a filling). Fold the tortilla and place it on a heated pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese starts melting and it turns golden brown and crisp. Flip over to the other side and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Cut into 2 – 3 pieces and serve with sour cream, pico di gallo, or guacamole.