Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients (For 11 – 12 cupcakes)
1. All purpose flour – 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (I used Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder)
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
2. Unsalted butter – 1 stick (1/2 cup), melted
3. Brown sugar – 1 1/4 cup, packed
4. Eggs – 2
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
5. Hot water – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven at 350 F.
2. Combine the dry ingredients – all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, in a medium bowl.
3. Place the melted butter in a large bowl and add brown sugar. Mix well using a spatula.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
5. Next add the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Add hot water. Mix the batter until smooth. Fill the cupcake-liners until 2/3rd full. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean(mine was done in 33 minutes). Cool down and dip in the chocolate glaze.
Chocolate glaze recipe
1. Unsalted butter – 1.5 tbsp
2. Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
3. Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tiny pinch
Melt butter in a pan at medium heat. Add sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well. Next add cream little by little while whisking continuously (do not boil). Switch off when the mixture is hot. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix well and set aside to cool. When the cupcakes are completely cooled, dip their tops in the cooled chocolate glaze. Set aside. The glaze will set in 1 – 2 hours. Enjoy!!
Recipe Courtesy – Dolly Padmaraj