Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Boneless fish – Around 350 gm (I used 2 fillets of frozen tilapia from Costco)
2. Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder – 1/8 tsp (optional)
Salt – To taste
3. All purpose flour / maida – 3 tbsp
4. Egg – 1, beaten with a pinch of salt and pepper
5. Bread crumbs (plain or panko) – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
6. Oil – To deep fry
1. Marinate fish pieces with all the ingredients numbered 2. Set aside for at least 1/2 hour.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Place the all purpose flour and bread crumbs in two different plates.
4. Roll the fish pieces in all purpose flour. Then dip them in beaten egg followed by bread crumbs. (For a crispier crust, dip them again in beaten egg and then in bread crumbs.) Set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Deep fry the breaded fish pieces for about 5 – 6 minutes until they are browned on all sides. Enjoy with ketchup or tartar sauce.