Scrambled eggs with roasted red potatoes
1. Eggs – 2
Water/milk – 1 tbsp
2. Butter / oil – 1.5 tsp
3. Shredded cheese – 1 tbsp
4. Salt and pepper – As required to taste
5. Chopped chives (to garnish)
1. Beat the eggs adding a tbsp of water.
2. Heat a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat, then add the butter and let it melt. Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring for 10 -15 seconds. Stir with a spatula/ wooden spoon, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan. When the eggs are 1/2 – 3/4 th done, add the shredded cheese. Continue to cook until it reaches your desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper just before switching off the stove. Sprinkle chopped chives. Serve immediately with roasted potatoes and toast.
Roasted Red Potatoes
1. Red Potatoes – 2, washed, wiped and cubed
2. Olive oil – 2 – 3 tsp
Onion powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
Herbes de provence – 1/2 tsp (OR a pinch of dried rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley / any combination of herbs)
Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Preheat oven at 425 F.
2. Toss the cubed potatoes with all the other ingredients. Spread on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 F for 20 – 25 minutes (check after 15 – 20 minutes) or until potatoes are done and are light golden. Serve with scrambled eggs and toast.