Spicy seared shrimp with fresh mango salsa
1. Shrimp – 10 (Shrimp can be replaced with scallops or salmon)
2. Coarsely ground pepper – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder / paprika – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 2 pinches
3. Garlic salt / salt – To taste
4. Vegetable oil – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
1. Wash and clean the shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Combine pepper powder, chilly powder and salt. Sprinkle it over the shrimp,mix well and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp on both sides for about 1.5 – 2 minutes until it is nicely browned on both sides, flipping once in between. Do not overcook, as the shrimp will turn rubbery. Transfer shrimp to a plate. They will continue to cook for some more time as they are hot. Serve with fresh mango salsa.
Fresh mango salsa
- Ripe, but firm mango – 1 , peeled and diced (About 1 – 1.5 cups)
- Tomato – 1 small, seeds and pulp removed and chopped
- Jalapeno pepper – 1 tsp, minced
- Cilantro – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Onion / spring onion – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 2 – 3 tsp or to taste
- Olive oil – 2 – 3 tsp
- Coarsely ground pepper – 2 pinches
- Salt – To taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 mts. Serve with seared shrimp.