Tomato Pesto Tarts
Ingredients (For 9)
1. Puff pastry sheet – 1 (I used Pepperidge farm puff pastry sheet)
2. Tomato – 1 – 2, seeded and sliced into medium thick rounds
3. Basil pesto (homemade or store-bought) – As required
4. Salt (optional) and pepper – To season
Italian seasoning – Few pinches
5. Shredded mozzarella cheese – 5 – 6 tbsp or as required
1. Preheat oven at 400 F.
2. Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to package instructions. Cut into 9 squares.
Place them on an aluminium foil lined baking sheet. Top them with 3/4 tsp pesto (1/2 inch from the edges) followed by one slice of tomato. Season with a tiny pinch of salt(optional), pepper and Italian seasoning. Finally sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 15 – 17 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle fresh basil / parmesan cheese before serving (optional). Enjoy!