Brown Rice Salad
Today I have a delicious rice salad recipe to share with you all. It is healthy, refreshing, filling and can be made a couple of hours before serving. You can use it as a main dish or as a salad or side-dish.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Brown rice, cooked – 1.5 cups
Black eyed peas, cooked – 1/2 cup
Brown / green lentils, cooked – 1/4 cup
Spring onion – 1/4 cup, chopped
Tomato, firm – 1 medium, seeded and chopped
Zucchini – 1/4 cup, chopped
Cucumber – 1/4 cup, chopped
Parsley – 3 – 4 tbsp, finely chopped (You can replace it with cilantro)
2. Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
Lemon / lime juice – 1 – 2 tbsp or as required to taste
Salt and pepper – To taste
3. Feta cheese, crumbled – 3 – 4 tbsp or as required
1. Combine cooled rice along with all the other ingredients numbered 1 in a medium bowl.
2. Add in ingredients numbered 2 and toss well. Add feta cheese. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
3. Serve cold or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one or two days.