- Jackfruit seeds – Around 20
- Pearl onion – 10 – 12
- Whole pepper corns – 10 – 12
- Whole dry red chilli – 1-2 ( You could also add 1/2 – 3/4 tsp chilli flakes)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Coconut oil – As required
1. Remove the outer skin of the jack fruit seeds and scrape off the brown inner skin. Rinse, cut them lengthwise and cook covered with turmeric powder, water(around 1/2 cup) and salt.
2. Crush the pearl onion, whole pepper corns and dry red chillies.
3. In a pan add the crushed mixture and curry leaves. Saute for a few minutes and add the cooked jackfruit seeds and stirfry until they turn crisp, adding more oil if required. Serve with rice.