Ingredients (Yield – 20 cookies)
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Almond flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/8 tsp
- butter – 1/4 cup, softened
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 – 1/2 cup
- Egg white – 1 egg ( I halved the recipe that I followed. The recipe called for half an egg white. I used the egg white of 1 egg, so I had to use extra almond flour (almost 3/4 cup) to adjust the dough consistency)
- Almond extract – 1/4 tsp
- Whole almonds – 20
- Salt – To taste
1. Stir the all purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugar at medium speed of hand mixer. Beat in the egg white and almond extract.
3. Add in the all purpose flour and almond flour to the creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hrs.
4. Shape into 3/4 inch balls, flatten them slightly with your palms or with the bottom of a glass and place them at least 2 inches apart. Press an almond to the centre. Bake at 350 F for about 12 mts (mine took around 15 mts) or until lightly browned at the bottom. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Courtesy : About.com