Easy Vegetable Curry
Here is a simple, really easy and tasty vegetable curry recipe for all of you to try out. It is one of the easiest curries that I have ever prepared. The recipe has been shared by one of my friends Lekshmy. You can also add any other vegetables of your choice like beans, cauliflower etc.
- Potato – 1 medium, diced
- Carrot – 2 small diced
- Beet root – 1 medium diced
- Green chilly – 1 -2 slit (De-seed them if you want a less spicy curry.)
- Ginger – 1.5 – 2 tsp grated
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut oil – 1.5 – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt – To taste
1. Cook the diced potato, carrot, beet root, green chilly, ginger and curry leaves in a pressure cooker adding 1 – 1.5 cups water and enough salt. Cook for 4-5 whistles at medium heat. When the pressure is released open the cooker, you can simmer it a for a few more minutes until your desired gravy consistency is reached. Check for salt and add a tsp or so of coconut oil. You will get a wonderful aroma when you add it. Just before serving, add a tsp or so of lemon juice and mix well. This curry goes well with chapatis and pooris.