Mexican Almond Cookies
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!
Ingredients (Makes 10 – 12 cookies)
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Icing (confectioners’) sugar – 3/4 cups, plus extra for dusting
- Salt – A Pinch
- Almonds, finely chopped – 1/4 cup ( I used almond flour)
- Vanilla essence / extract – 1/2 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup, at room temperature, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Sift the all purpose flour, salt and icing sugar into a bowl. Add the almonds and mix well. Now stir in the vanilla essence. Using your fingertips, work the butter into the mixture to make a dough. Form into a ball.
3. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until is about 1/8 inch thick. (I made a few balls out of the dough and rolled each ball separately). Use a cookie cutter to stamp out different shapes. Reroll the trimmings as necessary.
4. Transfer the cookies to a non-stick baking sheet carefully using a metal spatula and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust thickly with icing sugar.
Recipe Courtesy – The Cookies and Biscuit Bible