Ingredients (Serves 4 – 5)
1. Raw green mango – 1, peeled and cut into small pieces
Cleaned and washed jackfruit seeds – 1.5 cups, cut lengthwise( each jackfruit seed cut into 3-4 pieces)
Drumstick – 1, cut into 1.5 inch pieces and slit
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Salt – To taste
2. Grated Coconut – Around 1 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Green chilies – 3
Pearl onion – 1-2
3. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilies – 2
Pearl Onions, sliced – 2 – 3 (Optional)
Curry leaves – A few
Coconut oil – 2 – 3 tsp
4. Salt – To taste
1. Grind coconut, cumin seeds, green chilies and pearl onions to a fine paste. Set aside.
2. Cook jackfruit seeds adding 1 cup water, turmeric powder, curry leaves and enough salt at medium heat. You can pressure cook it for 1 whistle if you want. When the jackfruit pieces are done, add drum stick pieces, mango pieces and cook until they are soft and tender. Mash the jackfruit seeds and mango slightly with the back of a spoon.
3. Bring down the heat. Add ground coconut, mix well and cook until its raw taste is gone, about 2 – 3 minutes. Switch off the heat and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a small pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chilies, sliced shallots and curry leaves and fry until they turn brown. Pour this seasoning over the curry and serve with rice after 30 mts.
Omg, wat a wonderful combo,mouthwatering here..
lunch time ayi evide kanditu choru kazhikkan tonnunu nice presentation
Ahh…I love this..now you ve gotten me craving it toooo..;P
That wonderful color is making me crazy !!! delicious looking mango curry
adipoli colourful!!nice click da!
I have chakkakuru (frozen) but dont have raw mango.. ! Yummyz Team u guys are so unique..
Thanks for sharing the wonderfull kerala recipes n beyond!
Love this combo so much..ithu kandittu kothiyavunnu,,will try with frozen ones..
Nice colorful and delicious curry !!
enikku chakkakuru valiya eshtam ella.. But ‘chakka’ ennu kelkkumbol vaayil kappal oodikkam 🙂
Delicious curry.. so inviting..
Event: Healing Foods – Banana
chakka kuru ennu kelkkumbol thanna gas kayarum..ennalum ennikku bayankkaram eshttam annu..yithu entta amma undakkarundu
Slurp.. yummm 🙂
Yum, what an unusual combo for me, looks delicious 🙂
Kidilam!!simply mouthwatering curry..love it maya!
This is a superb curry ketto….I love the combo very much….We sometimes add vellarikka also along with this….
ages since i had this combo…..thanks for the vitual treat
looks awesome dear..lovely recipe.
chakka kuru manga curry adipoli.
Manga curry…so creamy wow
Thats a mouthwatering combo!!!
wow..kidilam curry…the combo is so nice that I am feeling hungry now…
Adipoli curry, lakshmi is back in the race with awesome traditional dishes lle..
Manga curry looks wonderful Simple and yummy. This will be apt for our ongoing mela.It would be great if you can enter your recipe in our “Quick and easy recipe mela”. Looking forward towards your entry. Thanks
I made it using this recipe. The taste brought back a lot of childhood memories. Thanks so much