Ingredients (Serves 5 )
1. Ethakka / raw plantain / nenthrakkaya – 1 large, sliced lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Achinga payar – A handful or 15 – 20 , cut into 1.5 inch pieces
Green chilies – 4 – 5, slit
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To taste
Water – 1/4 – 1/2 cup or as required
2. Coconut oil – 1 tbsp or as required
1. Place the kaya and achinga payar pieces and green chilies in a deep pan. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup water, turmeric powder and salt. Cover and cook until done, about 15 minutes at medium heat, until water is evaporated completely.
2. Drizzle some oil in the same pan or heat oil in another pan, add the cooked kaya and achinga payar and stir-fry for 4 – 5 minutes. Serve with rice and an ozhichu curry/ any gravy.
1. Crushed red chilies (1/2 tsp) and crushed pearl onions (4-5) can be added for an extra taste. Add them while stir-frying (step 2)
Riceinnu oru super side annu….yumm..
Delicious and yummy looking stir fry dear.
Truly a wonderful combo,never tried this..
Classic combi !!
Delicious combo,very tempting recipe…
deliciously healthy sides.will try with rotis for dinner.
Flavourful, healthy n yummy
OMG!! those achinga payar look so fresh !!! i want them !!!
Wow never heard of that combination!!Very innovative Maya
Delicious combo,adipoli aayitundu
looks so yum n makes me hungry…love it !!!
Who can resist mezhukkupuratti when it looks this delicious? Now all I need is a bowl of rice and meen mulakittathu 🙂
I find that very few people like Raw banana! personally love it… ur recipe sounds great. I usually just chop banana into thin discs and fry them up with some salt, pepper and chilli powder. tastes great!