1. Ethakka / raw banana – 1 large, sliced lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Achinga payar – A handful or 15 – 20 , cut into 1.5 inch pieces
Green chilies – 4 – 5, slit
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To taste
2. Coconut oil – As required
1. Place the kaya and achinga payar pieces and green chillies in a deep pan. Add little water, turmeric powder and salt. Cover and cook until done, about 15 minutes at medium heat, until water is evaporated completely.
2. Drizzle some oil in the same pan or heat oil in another pan, add the cooked raw banana and achinga payar and stir-fry for 5 – 10 minutes. Serve with rice and an ozhichu curry.
1. Crushed red chilies (1/2 tsp) and crushed pearl onions (4-5) can be added for an extra taste. Add them while stir-frying (step 2)