Ingredients ( Makes around 16 cutlets)
1. Crab meat – 1.5 cup (8 oz)
2. Potato – 2 medium (Around 1.5 – 2 cups mashed)
3. Onion – 1/2 medium or 1.5 cup, finely chopped
Ginger – 2 – 3 tsp minced
Garlic – 2 – 3 tsp, minced
Green chilies – 1 – 2, finely chopped
Curry leaves – 4 – 5, finely chopped
4. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Gram masala powder – 1 – 1.5 tsp
Salt – To taste
5. Oil – To deep fry or shallow fry
6. Egg white – of 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
7. Bread crumbs – Around 1/2 – 3/4 cup
1. Cook the potatoes until completely done and tender. Mash well and keep aside. (You can cook them in a pressure cooker, adding enough water for 1 whistle. Peel off the skin and mash well.)
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or cheena chatti at medium heat. Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute until onion turns light brown. Add the spice powders numbered 4. Saute until their raw smell is gone. Add the crab meat. Mix well and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until dry. Add the mashed potato and enough salt. Mix well. Stir for about 2 – 3 minutes. Switch off and set aside. When it cools down, make small balls out of it. Flatten the balls to desired shapes. Dip them in beaten egg-white and then in bread crumbs. Deep or shallow fry in oil until golden brown. Serve with tomato ketchup or onion salad.
- You can store the flattened balls dipped in egg white and bread crumbs for 2 – 3 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to two months.
- Add more of mashed potato or bread crumbs/maida if the cutlet breaks while frying or if it doesn’t hold shape.
I always wanted to make these.. yours came out so good… thanks for sharing..
Wow..these look so perfect and delicious..
Yummy cutlets, looks perfect!
Healthy and perfect cutlets…
REALLY YUMMY AND MOUTHWATERING CUTLET. GREAT PICTURES.
Mouthwatering. Never thought about making crab cutlets. Lovely presentation
Mouth watering cutlets…loved it.
Can you please add the fresh crab curry…..from the scarch. I like to know how to clean and seperat fresh crab.
I have no idea how to clean crabs..I always use cleaned ones from costco.