Cucumber Perakku / Kakkirikka Pachadi (No cook recipe)
Ingredients (Serves 5)
1. Salad Cucumber / kakkirikka – 1 medium-small, peeled and finely chopped (kothi arinjathu. Makes about 1 – 1.5 cup finely chopped)
Salt – To taste
2. Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Green chilies – 1 – 2 small
Yoghurt – 1/4 cup
3. Yoghurt – 1/4 cup or as required
Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
4. Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilies – 1 – 2, broken
Curry leaves – A few
1. Add salt to chopped cucumber. Set aside.
2. Grind grated coconut adding green chilly and yoghurt to a fine paste. Add it to chopped
cucumber. Add the remaining yoghurt and crushed mustard seeds (instead of crushing mustard seeds separately, you can pulse it along with ground coconut for a few seconds). Mix well. Taste check for salt.
3. Heat coconut oil in a small pan. Splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chilies and curry leaves. Pour over the prepared perakku. Serve with rice and the other side-dishes.