Chicken Masala Dosa With Video
Ingredients (For 4 – 5 chicken dosa)
1. Boneless chicken – 400 gm, cut into small pieces (I used chicken breast)
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – As required
Water – 3 tbsp
2. Coconut oil – 1.5 tbsp
Ginger and garlic – 2 tsp each, finely chopped
Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
Green chilly – 1, finely chopped
Curry leaves – A few, chopped
3. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder (kashmiri chilli powder) – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
4. Tomato – 1 small, chopped
5. Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
6. Shredded cheese – 4 – 5 tbsp or as required
7. Dosa batter – 2 – 3 cups or as required
1. Combine the chicken pieces with the remaining ingredients numbered 1. Cover and cook over medium heat or about 8 – 10 minutes until water evaporates completely and chicken pieces are done. Using a spoon or thavi, shred the chicken into smaller pieces.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic, onion, green chilly, curry leaves and little salt. Cook until onion turns golden. Bring down the heat to low. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder. Cook over low heat for 1 – 2 minutes until their raw smell leaves. Add chopped tomato and cook until it gets mashed up. Next add garam masala powder and mix well. Finally add cooked chicken pieces and mix well. If it is very dry, add 1 – 2 tbsp hot water / coconut milk. Mix well. Cook over low heat for 1 minute. Switch off. Set aside until ready to use.
3. 3. Heat a non-stick or cast iron pan (smear some oil if you are using a cast iron pan). Pour 1/2 – 3/4 cup dosa batter (depending on the size of your pan) and spread to make a thin dosa (not very thin). Drizzle 1/2 tsp oil / ghee and cook for a few minutes over medium heat until crisp (you can flip over for a minute if the dosa is thick).Add 1/4 cup chicken masala in the middle of the dosa or on one side. If you want, you can sprinkle 1 – 2 tbsp cheese. Fold, cook for a minute until cheese melts and serve hot with tomato or coconut chutney. It tastes really superb..do give it a try! Enjoy!