Hello Friends! Presenting a very yummy vegetable and egg hakka noodles recipe today! My little picky eater loves this noodles. Yes, I know noodles is unhealthy, but my 2 year old just don’t understand that. This is the only way veggies reach his little tummy without having to force him to eat, so I make it for him once in 1-2 weeks. I have tried feeding him veg fried rice/pulav etc. but he just won’t even look at them. And if I try to feed him Kerala rice and curries, he just screams and runs away. It is a super task to pry his tiny mouth open. I do try other ways to hide veggies in his food like spinach-egg quesadilla, black bean burgers, cutlets, white chana patties etc etc. Variety is what he seems to be looking for! I will share all those healthy recipes soon.
Like I said, his favorite is this vegetable and egg noodles. I add eggs in this for protein, but vegetarians can totally omit eggs. You can have this delicious noodles as it is or with any Chinese side dish. I love pairing it with my neighbor’s yummy stir-fried chilly chicken(recipe coming soon).
On another note, we are travelling to India next week for my brother-in-laws marriage. We are going for a month. Some serious shopping is on the cards. 🙂 Its going to be a super-busy month with the marriage, a few other functions and a Chennai trip. I have scheduled a few posts for that time. I might be a little late in replying to your queries. Hope you understand. But you do keep trying my recipes, and do write me your feedbacks. I just love hearing from you 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4)
1. Noodles – 150 gm
2. Eggs – 3
Soy sauce – 1/2 tsp
Chilly garlic sauce – 1/2 – 1 tsp
Salt and pepper – 1 pinch
3. Oil – 2 – 3 tsp + 1.5 tbsp
4. Onion – 1/2 cup, sliced
Garlic – 3 medium cloves, finely chopped
5. Carrot – 1 medium-small, cut into strips
Beans – 1/2 cup, diagonally sliced
Bell pepper, green and red – 1/4 cup each
6. Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Chilly garlic sauce or green chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
Ketchup – 1 – 2 tsp (optional)
Honey – 1/2 tsp or 1 pinch sugar
Vinegar – 2 tsp
7. Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain well and rinse under running water. Pour 1 – 2 tsp oil and mix so that they wont stick to each other.
2. Beat the eggs with 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp chilly garlic sauce, pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in a non-stick pan/wok. Pour the beaten eggs and scramble well. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same pan, heat 1 – 2 tbsp oil at high heat, add onions and garlic. Stir-fry until onions are transparent. Next add carrot and beans. Stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, little salt (do not add too much as the sauces you will be using will be salty) and again stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the cooked noodles and the sauces (ingredients numbered 6). Mix well and stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes over high heat. Switch off and serve hot!
Hey there yummy team!!!
Just made the veg and egg hakka noodles….and its delicioso….waiting for the stir-fried chilly chicken…..
An ardent follower of ur blog.
Thanks for the feedback, Indie..I just posted the chilly chicken recipe, hope you’ll enjoy it 🙂
Where did u buy noodles from? Is this Hakka noodles?
Would thin spaghetti work here?
Or pls suggest where I can buy this ?
I used hakka noodles..You can get it from Asian grocery stores or Indian stores (Chings secret brand)
Everything came good except for the noodles. It came kind of squished. I think I either overcooked the noodles or did not get the right kind of noodles. The taste was awesome though 😊