Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4)
- Paneer – 250 g, cubed
- Cauliflower/broccoli, cut into small florets – 3/4 – 1 cup
- Fresh / frozen green peas and sweet corn – 1/4 cup each
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Peanuts / cashews / sliced almonds – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 3/4 cup, sliced
Garlic – 2 medium, chopped
Green chilies – 1 – 2, diagonally sliced
- Red bell pepper – 1/2 cup
- Tomato, firm – 1 medium, cubed
- Butter – 1 – 2 tsp
Chat masala powder – 1/8 tsp
Cilantro- 2 tbsp, chopped
- Salt and pepper – As required
- To blanch the veggies – Boil some water adding salt. Add cauliflower florets. Cook for 2 minutes. Next add green peas and corn. Continue to cook for two minutes and drain in a colander.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan. Fry peanuts/ sliced almonds for 1-2 minutes and remove to a plate. Combine paneer cubes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry on both sides till light golden (do not over fry). Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil and splutter cumin seeds. Next add onion, garlic and green chilies. Cook for a minute or two and add red bell pepper and salt. Stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Now add cauliflower, green peas, corn and tomato. Stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Add paneer pieces, fried nuts and mix well. Finally add butter, chat masala and cilantro. Stir fry for a minute and switch off.