Ingredients (Serves 2)
1. Badam / almonds – 20, soaked overnight in enough water (or 20 minutes in hot water)
2. Whole milk – 3 cups
3. Sugar – Around 3.5 tbsp or to taste
4. Saffron – 1 pinch soaked in 1/4 cup milk
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch or to taste
Rose water – 1/4 tsp
1. Peel the soaked badam and grind to a very fine paste in a mixie adding 1/4 cup milk.
2. Place the remaining milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Bring down the heat to medium-low and simmer for a few minutes until it is slightly reduced. Add badam paste, saffron and 3 tbsp sugar. Mix well. Stir continuously for 5 – 6 minutes. Switch off when slightly thick. Add a pinch of cardamom powder and rose water. Delicious badam milk is ready! Garnish with chopped pistachious and saffron. Serve warm or chilled.
Yummy badam drink,will try for my hubby
I would love yo finish that glass..
Tried it today…my children enjoyed it
Hi Maya… this badam milk turned out great, though I did not have rose water to add. Next I am going to try ur kerala beef biriyani. And not to forget… hearty congrats on ur new achievements. I am definitely going to the two books.
Thanks for your support, Rusheeda! Hope you enjoy cooking from them…