Here’s a super-yummy side-dish for pulao/chapathis. I’m sure you will love it..do give this a try!
Recipe courtesy – 660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer
1. Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
2. Cashews – 1/4 cup
Green chilies – 4 – 5
Garlic – 5 medium-small cloves
3. Red onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
4. Mushroom (button or brown cremini) – 225 gm, thinly sliced
5. Methi leaves – 1 cup, chopped (Use frozen methi leaves or 1/4 cup dried methi leaves soaked in water for 15 minutes and then drained)
Fresh green peas / matar – 1/2 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Half and half – 1/2 cup (I used 1/4 cup heavy cream + 1/4 cup whole milk)
6. Salt – To taste
7. Sugar – 1 pinch (to balance the flavors)
1. Grind cashews, chopped green chilies and garlic to a coarse paste , in the small jar of a mixie.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan at medium-high heat. Add onion, little salt and cashew-garlic paste. Saute for 3- 5 minutes until golden. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes. Next add 3/4 cup hot water and mix well. Add in the methi leaves, fresh green peas,half and half, salt and mix well. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for about 8 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Add a pinch of sugar to balance the flavors. Taste-check for salt and switch off. Serve with chapathis/pulav.