Ingredients ( Yield – About 3 dozen little cookies)
- Butter – 2 sticks or 1 cup, softened
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 1/4 cup
- Ground cardamom – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped cashews – 1/2 cup
- Shredded coconut – 1/3 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cream the butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add the vanilla extract. Blend. Now add the all purpose flour and cardamom. Mix everything until you have a dough. Now add in the cashews and mix until evenly distributed. (I also mixed 2 tbsp shredded coconut with the dough as I love its flavor but that’s completely optional).
2. Place the shredded coconut in a shallow dish. Roll small spoonfuls of dough into balls. Now roll the balls in the coconut to coat them. Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 20 – 25 minutes until the coconut is toasted. Use oven mitts to remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes in the pan, and then use a metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you like coconuty flavor in cookies, you can mix about 2 tbsp shredded coconut with the dough.
Recipe Source – The Year of the Cookie By Rose Dunnington