These simple brownies are quick, easy to prepare and extremely delicious. I have prepared it many number of times and every time they have turned out great. I tried it from here. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I halved it. I guarantee that you will never go wrong with this recipe!!
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup ( I used Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder)
- White granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Butter or margarine – 1/2 cup or 1 stick melted (You can melt it on stovetop( at low heat for about 1 – 1.5 minutes stirring continuously ) or microwave (takes less than 25 – 30 seconds) or double broiler method or at room temperature (takes at least 1 hour ). Allow it to cool slightly before using.
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Nuts, raisins, chocolate chunks – Optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter and sugar. You can either use a hand mixer or a spoon/fork. I used a hand mixer for this step.
3. Now switch to a spoon/spatula and add vanilla extract, egg and mix until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Stir in the cocoa powder and all purpose flour and mix until smooth until there are no lumps. If you are planning to add chocolate chunks, nuts etc, add them now.
5. Spread in a greased 8 inch pan using a spatula or with your fingers. Bake for 18 – 20 mts at 350 F. Cool completely and cut to 16 squares. Enjoy!!