We are extremely happy to announce that Yummy O Yummy has completed two wonderful years of sharing yummy treats with the world! We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone – our family, friends, bloggers and readers for your continued support and encouragement. Special thanks to all who subscribed to our updates, went through them, shared them with others and followed/liked our blog :). Yesterday we had a look at the blog stats for the last two years and the most viewed pages were Onam Sadya Dishes, Kottayam Style Fish curry, Chicken Roast, Fish Biriyani, Parippu Vada, Fish Pickle, Apple Pickle and Kallappam.. We look forward to share more of our recipes with you, hope you continue to enjoy them and encourage us with your comments/suggestions…
To celebrate this wonderful occasion, I would love to share the recipe for Baklava Muffins. I tried it from Nigella Lawson’s “How to be a Domestic Goddess” which was gifted to me by my dear sister. I have already tried out a few bakes with grand success and this has been my favorite so far. These baklava muffins are really easy to make and tastes super-delicious. The crunchy walnut-cinnamon filling and the honey drizzled crust are reminiscent of the flavors in baklava, a Turkish pastry. As Nigella said “these taste so good: gooey, crunchy, soft and filling”. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we did..
Ingredients (Makes 12)
For the filling
- Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 3 tbsp, melted
For the muffins
- Plain flour – 1 cup plus 7 tbsp
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1 large
- Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp, melted
- Buttermilk – 1 cup plus 2 tbsp (or 3/4 cup plain yoghurt and 1/3 cup low-fat milk)
For the topping
About 1/2 cup honey (I used only 2 – 3 tbsp)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl, and then get on with the muffins. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
3. In a wide-mouthed measuring cup, whisk the egg, melted butter and buttermilk (or yogurt-milk mix). Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the liquid and mix lightly and gently, remembering to keep it bumpy rather than going all-out for smooth: anything more than the gentlest handling makes for heavy muffins.
4. Fill the muffin papers one-third full, add a scant tablespoon of filling, then cover with more muffin mixture until two-thirds full. Sprinkle the remaining filling on top of the muffins.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, by which time they should be golden-brown and ready.
6. Put the muffins, still in their papers, onto a rack and drizzle with honey. You may find it easier to warm the honey a little before pouring. It tastes soft, crunchy and delicious. This tastes best the day its prepared otherwise the walnuts may lose its crunch.
Check out our first anniversary post – Basboosa / Egyptian Semolina Cake
Wonderful recipe. Looks fabulous, yummy and tempting.
Muffins luks awesome…Happy Blog Anniversary
That’s a great combo for a muffin!!
Congratulations on your anniversary
Congrats dear on your anniversary…baklava muffins looks soft and yummy….
Awesome recipe dear..U have made it perfectly..
Congrats on ur blog anniversary,muffins looks damn tempting and stunning.
my heartiest wishes on your milestone dear..
muffin sounds super tempting
Congratulations on your blog Anniversary!!!!muffin is superb…
congratualtions on your 2nd blog anniversary. Muffins look tempting.
Congrats dear !! Keep Rocking !! Muffins with bakalava is very new to me !! looks yummy !!
Ongoing Event – CC-Chocolate Fest
The muffins look absolutely delish :-). Love Baklava and if it’s in the form of muffins, super!
Aparna from Square Meals
Congratulations on completion of two successfull years…I wish all the good for you blog 🙂
Muffins super aayittundalo…
Congratulations on your 2nd anniversary……Love the muffins…..Droolworthy.
Many congrats on your blog anniversary , wishing you many wonderful blogging years ahead.
Muffins looks delicious.
Happy Anniversary!!!! hey it looks sooooooooooo tempting and delicious…. Me too loves Nigella….
Luv the combination in ur muffins….looks yummy
Delightful muffins!! And congrats on completing 2 wonderful yrs of blogging & wishing u luck for many more such years 😉
Wow! Looks fantastic! I am drooling all over it 🙂
Muffins sounds awesome.And Happy blog Anniversary.
Congrats on completing two yrs. I do check your site regularly to get inspirations.
On another note do you have receipe for Date Pickle?
Thank You All for your lovely words 🙂
I don’t have the recipe for dates pickle as of now, but will try to post it in the future 🙂 Thanks!
Baked these muffins today, and I must say they are SUPERB! Extremely flavoursome and soft little treats, and the cinnamon and butter leaves your house smelling like heaven! Thank you, Yummy team, for sharing this fantastic recipe.
Really happy to know that you enjoyed these muffins 🙂 Thanks a ton for trying it out and for your feedback..