Ingredients (Makes 24)
Recipe Courtesy – Look Who’s Cooking too
1. Dark chocolate- 1/2 cup, broken into medium slices (I used dark chocolate chunks, 62% cacao)
2. Brown sugar- 1/2 cup, packed
Oil – 2.5 tbsp (I used canola oil)
3. Egg – 1 large
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
4. Plain flour / all purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1 pinch
5. Walnuts – 1/4 cup, finely chopped or coarsely powdered (Optional, I didn’t use it)
6. Icing sugar- 1/4 cup or as required to roll the balls
1. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat or by using double broiler method. Remove from heat and add sugar and oil and mix well. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well till you no longer see any traces. Mix in the flour and stir till you form a smooth batter. Stir in the nuts. Cover with a lid and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The batter would now have hardened a bit. If not, keep it for some more time.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil. Preheat oven to 350 F. Put the icing sugar in a plate in order to roll the cookie balls. Scoop out small portions of the dough and make small balls. Roll them in icing sugar and place on the baking tray, about an inch apart.
4. Bake for about 10 – 11 minutes at 350 F for a chewy cookie or 12 – 13 minutes for a crunchier version. Once done, cool completely on the rack and then store in air tight containers or zipper lock bags for about 3 – 4 days.
Note : I doubled the recipe for the step pics.