Here’s an easy, yet delicious spring roll dosa recipe. It goes well with tomato-coriander chutney or coconut chutney. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we did..
Ingredients (Makes about 6 – 7 medium-sized rolls)
1. Chicken – Around 150 gm, cut into small pieces
Coarsely ground pepper – 1/4 tsp
Salt – As required
Olive / vegetable oil – 2 tsp
2. Oil – 1 tbsp
3. Ginger – 1 tbsp, minced
Garlic – 1 tbsp, minced
Onion – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
4. Green beans – 1/4 cup, sliced diagonally into thin pieces
Carrot – 1/2 cup, julienned
Capsicum – 1/2 cup, julienned
Cabbage – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
Spring onion – 1/4 cup, sliced diagonally
5. Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
Chilly sauce – 1 tsp
6. Salt – 1 or 2 pinches
7. Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
8. Cilantro – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
9. Dosa batter – Around 3.5 cups
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper powder. Saute until chicken is cooked, around 5 – 6 minutes. Switch off. Cool down. Cut into thin strips and set aside.
2. In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil at medium heat. Add minced ginger, garlic and sliced onion. Saute for 2 minutes and add sliced beans. Again saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Next add carrot, bell pepper, cabbage and spring onion. Mix well and saute for 5 – 6 minutes until vegetables are soft and almost done. Add cooked chicken pieces and mix well. Now add soy sauce, ketchup and chilly sauce. Mix well. Cook for a minute. Add salt, if required, pepper powder and cilantro. Mix well. Switch off.
For the dosa rolls
3. Heat a pan at medium heat. Grease with little oil. Pour 1/2 – 3/4 cup dosa batter and spread to make a dosa (not too thin). Drizzle 1/2 tsp oil/ghee and cook for a minute. When one side is done, flip over to the other side for a few seconds. Again flip over and bring down the heat to low. Spread about 1/4 cup of the filling on one side of the dosa and roll tightly. OR Put the filling in the center of the dosa and fold the sides. Cook for 30 seconds, transfer to a plate and slice diagonally or cut into small rounds. Serve hot spring roll dosa with tomato-coriander chutney or coconut chutney.
Recipe – Adapted from Vanitha, July 2013 edition
yummy n scrumptious …
Delicious and colorful looking dosa spring roll. Wonderfully prepared.
that’s awesome twist… loved ths version nd a wonderful dish fr kids’ lunchbox.
Ongoing Event-Back 2 School