Ingredients (Serves 4 – 5)
1. Boneless chicken breasts – 2, cut into medium-sized cubes (Around 400 gm)
Coarsely ground pepper – 1/2 tsp
Italian seasoning or dried thyme – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
2. Plain flour / maida – 1/2 cup
Salt – 2 pinches
Coarsely ground pepper – 1/4 tsp
3. Eggs – 2, beaten with a pinch of pepper powder and salt
4. Bread crumbs (seasoned/ plain ) – 1 cup ( I used 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs and 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs)
Parmesan cheese, grated – 2 – 3 tbsp (optional)
1. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Add 1/2 tsp pepper and enough salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Combine plain flour/maida with 2 pinches of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Place it in a plate. Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in another plate.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of pepper and salt.
4. Coat the chicken pieces one by one, with maida mixture. Next dip in beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs. Deep fry in oil until brown on both sides, about 5 – 6 minutes at medium heat. Do not overcrowd the pan while frying. Serve the chicken nuggets with tomato ketchup or mayo dipping sauce (recipe below). Instead of frying, you can bake them, I will share the recipe soon.
Mayo dipping sauce
- Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Sriracha chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
- Coarsely ground pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic salt / garlic powder – 1 pinch
- Salt – Only if required
Combine all the above ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with chicken nuggets. Enjoy!