Ingredients (Makes 12 cupcakes)
1. All-purpose flour – 1.5 cup
Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
2. Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup (1 stick), at room temperature
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
3. Egg – 1 large, at room temperature
Egg yolks – of 2 large eggs, room temperature
Yoghurt / sour cream – 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
For chocolate ganache frosting
4. Heavy cream – 1/3 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1 tsp
Salt – A tiny pinch
- For Cupcakes – Adjust oven rack to middle position. Heat oven at 350 F. Line standard muffin/cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Whisk together butter and sugar until combined. Add egg and egg yolks and whisk until combined. Next add yoghurt and vanilla extract and whisk until combined. Finally add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
4. Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared tin. Bake until cupcake tops are pale gold and toothpick or skewer inserted into center comes out clean, 20 – 24 minutes. Cool cupcakes to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
5. For Frosting – Heat the heavy cream in a small pan over medium heat until hot. Remove from stove. Add the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Add the butter, a pinch of salt and whisk everything together until the chocolate melts completely. Set aside for 15 – 25 minutes until thick. Spread 1 – 2 tbsp chocolate ganache frosting on top of each cooled cupcake. Allow to set for a few hours. Enjoy!!