Hello everyone..I am all excited to share my 900th post today..Yes, 900 and I am loving every moment of this great journey!! Woohoo I am getting closer to 1000 I would never get tired of thanking you all for stopping by and supporting me all along.
We were in Kerala for a 6-week vacation, and so the blog got slowed down a bit. I hope to catch up in the coming weeks.
My 900th recipe is the delicious Falooda, a yummy Indian dessert. Hope you enjoy it..Happy Cooking!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1. Whole milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 tsp
Rose syrup / rooh afza – 1 tsp
2. Rose syrup / rooh afza – 1 – 2 tbsp
3. Falooda sev / vermicelli – 1/2 cup
4. Falooda seeds / basil seeds – 2 – 3 tsp, soaked in enough water for 20 – 30 minutes
5. Vanilla ice cream / kulfi – 2 – 3 scoops
6. Sliced pista/almonds/ raisins – to garnish
1. Boil milk and cook for a few more minutes until it has thickened a bit. Add a tsp of sugar and mix well. Switch off. Set aside to cool. Chill in the refrigerator.
2. Soak falooda seeds in enough water for at least 20 – 30 minutes. Drain excess water and set aside.
3. Add a tsp of rose syrup / rooh afza to the chilled milk and mix well.
4. Cook falooda sev according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking. You can cut the vermicelli into small pieces using scissors.
5. To assemble falooda- Pour 2 – 3 tsp of rose syrup in a serving glass. Add cooked vermicelli followed by falooda seeds (you can also add some chopped nuts and fruits – apple, banana,mango, sliced grapes etc) if you wish. Pour 3/4 cup chilled rose milk. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream / kulfi. Drizzle a little rose syrup and garnish with sliced nuts.
Congratulation Maya , Your AWESOME , Thanks a lot for Your Great Effort .God Bless You and Your Wonderful Family …..
Thanks a lot, Archana! 🙂