Ingredients (Serves 4 – 6)
Recipe Courtesy – Rosa de Cuisine
1. Whole milk – 2 cups
2. Corn starch/ corn flour – 3 tbsp
Whole milk – 1/2 cup
3. Sugar- 1/2 cup + 1-2 tbsp or to taste
4. Milk powder – 3 tbsp
5. Vanilla extract- 3/4 tsp
6. Salt – A tiny pinch
7. Fruits (Apple, mango, banana, strawberry, blueberry etc)
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Lime/ lemon juice- 3/4 tsp
1. Combine corn starch with 1/2 cup milk.
2. In a saucepan, add milk, sugar and corn starch in milk. On a medium flame, stir continuously for 3-4 minutes till medium thick in consistency (it should coat the back of a spoon). Add food color(optional). Switch off the flame. Let it cool down (stir in between). Transfer to a large serving bowl. Let chill until ready to serve.
3. In another bowl, add the chopped fruits. Add a tbsp of sugar and 3/4 tsp lemon juice. Mix gently and chill till ready to serve.
4. When it’s time to serve, add the fruit mix to the custard and mix well.