1. Ground chicken – 450 gm
2. Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, minced
3. Cilantro – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch (optional)
Paprika – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
Crushed chilly flakes – 1/2 tsp
Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp (or Beaten egg – 1 tbsp)
Salt – As required
4. Cabbage – 1 cup, thinly sliced
Carrot – 1 medium, shredded or thinly sliced
Onion – 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
Cilantro – 2 tsp, chopped
Tomato, firm – 1/4 cup, deseeded and chopped or sliced
Salt and pepper – To taste
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Mayonnaise / cream cheese – 2 tbsp or as required
5. Chapathis / tortilla – 5 – 8
1. Combine all the ingredients numbered 4 and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tsp butter in a small pan. Add finely chopped onion, garlic and sate for a minute. Switch off.
3. Combine the ground chicken with sauteed onion and all the ingredients numbered 3. Mix well using a spoon. Divide into 5 – 8 big lemon sized balls (you can make it any size you want) and form patties (grease your hands with a little oil and press the ball on your palm with the other hand and shape the edges.)
4. Heat 1 – 1.5 tbsp oil in a griddle/ cast iron pan / indoor grill pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken patties for 3 – 4 minutes / side until completely done.
5. Meanwhile warm a chapathi and remove to a plate. Halve one cooked chicken patty and place it in the middle of the cooked chapathi. Top it with the vegetable mixture. Wrap up the lower portion of the roll using an aluminium foil, paper towel or wax paper to hold it together. Repeat with the remaining chapathis. Yummy chicken rolls are ready to enjoy!!
Inspired from dhe ruchi cookery show