Moist, Delicious Chocolate Cake
Today I am presenting to you a lip smackingly delicious recipe for a yummy chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I made it thrice in the past 2 weeks and gave it for taste checking to some of my friends and their kids who absolutely loved it! It tastes great even without frosting.
- All purpose flour/ maida – 1 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Boiling water – 2/3 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Chocolate Frosting (You can use chocolate ganache instead. Check this link for chocolate ganache recipe)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup Confectioners sugar or icing sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup milk or as required to achieve the desired consistency
1. In a large bowl sift together the dry ingredients – all purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Now add in the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract and boiling water. Beat them with a hand held mixer at medium speed for about 1 minute or until the batter is well-combined.
2. Pour it into a greased 9 inch round pan and bake at 325 F for around 60 – 70 mts or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the cake looks dry on top towards the end of baking, cover it loosely with an aluminium foil. You can also make cupcakes with this batter. For cupcakes -bake for 30 – 35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cool completely and frost with the chocolate frosting or chocolate ganache.
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients under the frosting section and beat with a hand mixer until you get a spreading consistency. This makes about 2 cups frosting. You might need only around 1 cup for the frosting.
Nithubala and PranisKitchen shared with us the blog loving award and honest scrap award. Nature Kitchen passed us the Sunshine award. Thank you so much for passing us these awards, we really appreciate it! We would like to share these awards with few of our favorite bloggers – Kaipunyam, Vazhayila, Collaborative Curry, Pazham Pappadam Payasam, Adukkala Vishesham and Mirch Masala. Check out their space for some great recipes with awesome clicks. We are pretty sure that they must have received all these awards from plenty of other bloggers. Please do accept them from us too. As per the rules we have to share these awards with fellow bloggers and list 10 things about us which others do not know.
Coming to 10 things about us:
Sharing things people do not know about me would be difficult because that is why I keep it unknown to them. But rules being rules, I have decided to share 10 things that many people don’t know about me. To start with, my friends would know me as a sweet, innocent and caring girl 😉 But the real me is much beyond that.
1. Being a very impatient person, I get upset when things don’t happen the way I planned, and I take out my impatience on people who are dear to me. It really irritates them!
2. I was a very popular girl in my batch at school, but mostly known for my foolishness. My batchmates have publicized “Mayayude Mandatharangal” until volume 10 to my utter dismay.
3. I love watching scary movies. When I was young, I with my sis and bro used to watch horror movies at night and slept with the lights on, after checking that there were no ghosts under the bed! What scares me even worse than ghosts would be reptiles. Oh how I fear snakes!
4. I love traveling a lot and that too with my dear hubby. He is passionate about traveling too. We plan to travel the whole world one day!
5. You could call me a non-stop chatter box. I love talking. I just can’t stop myself from going on and on and finally exhaust the person listening to me. Sometimes my friends tell me, “ Maya plzzz, no more”….well but still I go ooonnn……My sister keeps complaining that my niece has got all my traits :).
6. I am an extremely friendly person but it takes time for me to take the friendship to a deeper level,but once someone reaches my good friend book, I try to be there for them always.
7. Dancing is my passion, and I regret greatly that I am not classically trained. I loved doing fashion shows, and had a secret desire to be a model, cat walking the ramp! Now I model for my husband, always posing, posing, since he is passionate about photography!
8. I adore watching movies. My hubby is crazy about movies, film making etc. At first, I was not sooo interested but now I am a movie buff too! We watch movies in every language.
9. Cooking is my biggest obsession! I used to be the official taste checker at home. And I love celebrating every festivals, birthdays, events, because that meant good food ! I used to bug my mother to make sadya on my birthdays just for the love of eating sadya. How much I love the cooking part, equally that much would I hate the cleaning and washing dishes part.
10. I do not take initiative in anything. Always need a push as I am a really dependent person. My hubby is trying his best to make me do my best. I usually am very lazy to get started with something but once I start I will be fully dedicated to it and give my best. My favorite motto in life is “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst”.
1. I am a very friendly person and always have a group of good friends.
2. I get disturbed even by a very small issue.
3. I am a family type person and love to be with my family always.
4. I love listening to music and enjoy dancing.
5. Teaching is my passion.
6. I am a nature lover.
7. I love cooking especially for my hubby.
8. I loooove sweets.
9. Like all other ladies out there, love shopping.
10. I love to watch movies and I am an internet addict 🙂