Here is the recipe for a tasty sandwich from vanitha magazine. Use whatever vegetables, fruits or spreads you prefer so that you will really enjoy your sandwich. For example you could also use avocado slices, lettuce, cabbage, spinach, zucchini, celery, sprouts, cauliflower, sliced paneer or tofu, peanut butter, almond butter, hummus, ketchup, pureed dry fruits, sliced apples, strawberry also as fillings to make it more healthy and tasty. You could also stuff these into slightly warmed pita pockets. Wrap and store in refrigerator until you’re ready to eat. Your choices are infinte 🙂 !!
- Bread slices – 8 (I used multi-grain brown bread)
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Cheese slice – 2
- Egg – 1
- Pineapple chopped fine – 2 tbsp
- Capsicum, grated carrot, finely chopped tomato and onion – 3 tbsp
- Salad cucumber – 12 – 15 thin round slices
- Chicken – 1 breast half (cooked with salt and pepper powder)
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Pepper powder, Salt – To taste
1. Butter the bread slices on both sides and roast on a tawa.
2. Scramble the eggs with salt and a pinch of pepper powder. Mince the chicken and keep aside.
3. Place a cheese slice on a bread slice. Top with chopped pineapple and minced chicken. Place the second slice of bread on top of it and spread the vegetables(grated carrot, finely chopped onion and tomato) mixed in mayonnaise and a few salad cucumber slices (I didn’t use mayonnaise).
4. Cover it with the third slice and spread the scrambled eggs and finely chopped capsicum. Cover with the fourth and final slice. Press well, divide into two. Repeat the same with the remaining four slices. Cut into desired shapes and serve.
1) Try using thicker dressings rather than drippy ones, which will soak through the bread.