This recipe is from the Best Ever Indian Cookbook. We have shared the recipe for extremely easy and delicious spicy prawn stir-fry from this book before. A few of my friends tried it and loved it too. This recipe for prawn korma is a bit different from the usual korma recipe but it is really easy to prepare and is tasty too. Hope that you all will enjoy it.
- Frozen King Prawns – Around 15 ( You can use raw prawns too. I have tried it with frozen and raw prawns. Both tastes exactly the same)
- Low fat yogurt – 3 tbsp
- Ricotta cheese – 3 tbsp (I used 1 tsp parmesan cheese)
- Ginger – 1 tsp grated
- Garlic – 1 tsp crushed
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Tomato puree(paste) – 1 tbsp (I used canned tomato paste)
- Coconut milk – 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamom stick – 1/2 inch
- Green Cardamom pods – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro – 1 tbsp, to garnish
1. Wash and drain the prawns.
2. Combine the yoghurt, cheese, paprika, garam masala, tomato paste, coconut milk, chilly powder and water in a bowl. Blend all the ingredients together well and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan add the ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, cardamoms and fry over low heat. Now add the yoghurt mixture and increase the heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Now add the prawns and continue to stir-fry until the prawns have heated through or until they are cooked(if they are raw) and the sauce is quite thick. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with chapatis.
1. Paprika gives a good rich color to the curry without aadding extra heat.
2. Do not let the prawns overcook in the sauce or they will toughen.
Look at you girls..wonderful recipe dears…Love the color, and such an easy dish to prepare in 4 steps..Adipoli…Definitely try cheyyame…
wow gorgeous colour and such a beautiful click …love the ingredients used to make it look so rich and creamy
Wow, prawn curry looks creamy and yummy.
nalla creamy curry……..
Slurppp!!mouthwatering prawn korma…
simply WOw looks so creamy ad spicy. would love to have with rice. slurp.
wooow!!! dear prawn curry looks colourful n creamy,,,makes me hungry sure it will taste good with hot rice…
Delicious n superb recipe with cute click…feel to have it rite now dear.
slurp, slurp, that’s a delicious creamy kurma, must be great with rotis !!!! that kadai full of delicious prawns look appetizing!!
Oh My..that looks awesome!!!!!so creamy and yummy!!
Dear Maya and Lakshmi,, hw r u ter,,i accepted ur awards dear n posted it today..thanks for ur appreciation dear.
wow…kurma looks so rich and tasty..I am definitely going to try this…thanks for sharing 🙂
delicious recipe…love the colour..
That looks fabulous….yummmo yumm
That looks so comforting and yummy!
wow..thats looks gorgeous and yummy too..i lov prawn..
This is simply great… shall try this out next..
Just found your blog and I love it! so many creative ideas/recipes 🙂 can’t wait to browse around!
Wow !! nice creamy Prawns Curry. I often browse ur site for some yummy recipes. I didn’t like the Salmon at first glance when I cooked previously. Truly speaking I tried ur Baked Salmon, I just loved it. Keep up the good work.
Nice colour..looks very rich and delicious.
OMG…LOOK at the color..KING prawns must be happy with this Shahi(regal) Korma..Beautiful and Superb Click. I love prawns and this delicious and regal recipe has been bookmarked..
wow!! Creamy and delicious korma. Love the clicks..
am just drooling….such a gorgeous and tempting dish ….the creamy and rich gravy is just driving me crazy to taste it now…..
Thank You All for your lovely comments!!
Thanks for your feed back on our recipe. Glad to know that you liked it 🙂