Sabudana vada is a popular Maharashtrian snack usually prepared during Navratri Vrats. It is usually served with peanut chutney. Here is the recipe.
- Sabudana/ tapioca pearls/ chowwari – ½ cup
- Potato – 1 large cooked and mashed
- Peanuts – ¼ cup crushed
- Ginger – 1 inch piece chopped fine
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Pearl onion – 5-6 chopped fine
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For deep-frying
- Soak sabudana in just enough water to cover it, for at least 4 hrs.
- Cook the potatoes and mash it well. Crush the peanuts in a mixer.
- Mix all the ingredients in the ingredients section except oil. Shape into small lemon-sized balls and flatten them a bit like a vada. Deep-fry in oil until golden brown flipping to the other side in between. Serve hot with peanut chutney.
If the vada breaks apart in oil try mixing 2 tbsp corn flour to the dough or add more mashed potato.