1. All purpose flour – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
2. Butter – 6 tbsp, softened
Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Egg – 1, large
Freshly squeezed orange juice – 3/4 cup (I used 4 mandarin oranges)
Orange zest – 1 tsp, grated
3. Fresh or frozen cranberries – 1 cup, chopped (You may also use dried cranberries)
Walnuts – 1 cup, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
2. Whisk the all purpose flour together with the other dry ingredients numbered 1, in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat well. Add orange zest and orange juice. Beat well and add the dry ingredients gradually. Mix with a spatula until well-combined. Stir in the chopped cranberries and walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack after 5 minutes. Cool down and cut into slices. Enjoy!!