We are really excited to announce that our blog just crossed 1 million page views. It took us about 25 months to reach this milestone. We wish to thank all our readers for your continuous support and love. Now onto 2 million……
1. All purpose flour – 2 cups + 2 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
2. Unsalted Butter – 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp), room temperature
Sugar – 1 cup
3. Eggs – 4 large
4. Pure Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
5. Whole Milk – 1/2 cup
6. Semi-sweet baking chocolate – 4 oz, melted ( I used Baker’s Semi-Sweet baking chocolate squares)
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan, dust the inside with flour and tap out the excess.(I lined it with parchment paper and greased it with butter).
2. Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a wide bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar for about 3 – 4 minutes using a hand mixer at medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat well. Alternately add the flour and milk in small portions, starting and ending with flour, and mix only till combined at low speed.
4. Add half the batter to the melted chocolate and mix well. Alternately drop spoonful’s of the dark chocolate and plain batter into the prepared loaf pan. Using a knife, cut deep into the batter and make a few zig zag patterns (not more than 4 – 5 times). Bake for 1 hour and 20 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick/knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack. Let stand for 15 minutes. Run a blunt knife through the edges and unmold. Cool to room temperature and cut into slices. This cake is dense and very delicious. Enjoy with a cup of milk or tea!!