Ingredients (Serves 5)
1. Paneer – 2.5 cups, cubed
2. Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
3. Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
4. Onion – 1 medium-large, cut into small cubes
Green chilly – 1, slit
5. Tomato – 2 large, chopped
6. Green bell pepper – 1 small, cubed
Red bell pepper – 1 small, cubed
7. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder – 1.5 – 2 tsp (Use Kashmiri chilly powder for a nice red color)
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
8. Kasoori methi – 1 tsp
Cilantro – 2 – 3 tbsp
9. Salt – To taste
10. Oil – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
1. Put the paneer cubes in a vessel filled with medium hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
2. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and splutter cumin seeds. Add in the coriander seeds and fry until golden, a few seconds. Next add in the ginger-garlic paste and the cubed onion. Saute until onion turns lightly golden. Bring down the heat to low. Add the spice powders numbered 7 and saute until their raw smell is gone. Add the chopped tomato and saute until oil separates, about 8 minutes at medium-high heat. Add in the green and red bell pepper cubes and stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes (they should not lose their crunch) until slightly soft. Next add in the paneer cubes and 1/2 cup hot water (if you want a thick gravy, add more water). Mix everything well. Check for salt. Add crushed kasoori methi and 1 tsp butter, for extra taste. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Switch off. Garnish with cilantro. Seve with pulao/naan or chapathis.
They are making me hungry.
I can finish the whole kadai, looks tempting.
looks so delicious and inviting..
Looks so delicious. Would love to take the plate for lunch. I am getting hungry.
This looks very good. Served restaurant style too.
wow…yummyyyy n mouthwatering!!
Simply stunning and inviting kadai paneer. Lovely preparation.
inviting and very yummy…
Today’s Recipe – Chapathi Curry
Invite you to participate on SHOW YOUR STYLES(Cooking) TO THE WORLD – SERIES
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
perfect texture of paneer is it home made?
I can die for this droolworthy kadai paneer.
The paneer is store-bought 🙂
awesome;) in <3 vt ur recipies
This is great recipe. I have made Kadai Paneer once before following some other recipe but this time it turned out to be so much better.
Thanks a lot for your feedback, Rahul! Great to know that it turned out well for you guys..
Can you please tell me roughly how many gms will be 2.5 cups of paneer cubes
Around 400 gm..