Here’s a yummy treat with home-made ghee. This recipe was shared by my friend Manju Mahadevan’s mom. Thanks aunty for this simple and delicious laddu recipe!
Wishing you all a very happy Diwali!
Ingredients (Makes 10 small laddus)
- Roasted gram / pottu kadala / dalia – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 3 – 4 tbsp, melted
- Sugar – 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp or to taste
- Cardamom – 5
- Cashews – 5, broken
- Raisins – 6, halved
1. Grind the roasted gram to a fine powder in a mixie. Transfer to a large bowl. Next grind the sugar along with cardamom to a fine powder. Add it to the powdered roasted gram.
2. Fry cashews and raisins in 1 – 2 tsp ghee and add to the above mixture along with the ghee in which it is fried. Now add the remaining melted ghee little by little and mix well with your fingers until you can shape it into a ball. If it crumbles, add little more ghee and roll tightly. This quantity makes about 10 small laddus. Store maladu in an air tight container for a few days at room temperature.
Roasted gram can be replaced with mung dal / cherupayar parippu. In that case, roast mung dal until it changes color slightly (takes about 4 – 5 minutes at medium heat) and cool down before grinding. Use more sugar if required. Here are the pics..
We are planning to set up one Centralised Kitchen at Coimbatore for promoting exclusive Kerala traditional food items for which there is tremendous demand in and around Coimbatore on the Annapoorna \ Saravana model
A practising Company Secretary and a retired Bank Manager are the key persons behind this venture.
Expecting a person like you to join as one of its Directors to take it to greater heights.
The project is backed by a registered organisation having its Tamil Nadu office in Chennai
Awaiting your response,