Wishing you all a very happy Diwali!
Ingredients (Makes 10 small laddus)
- Roasted gram / pottu kadala / dalia – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 3 – 4 tbsp, melted
- Sugar – 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp or to taste
- Cardamom – 5
- Cashews – 5, broken
- Raisins – 6, halved
1. Grind the roasted gram to a fine powder in a mixie. Transfer to a large bowl. Next grind the sugar along with cardamom to a fine powder. Add it to the powdered roasted gram.
2. Fry cashews and raisins in 1 – 2 tsp ghee and add to the above mixture along with the ghee in which it is fried. Now add the remaining melted ghee little by little and mix well with your fingers until you can shape it into a ball. If it crumbles, add little more ghee and roll tightly. This quantity makes about 10 small laddus. Store maladu in an air tight container for a few days at room temperature.
Roasted gram can be replaced with mung dal / cherupayar parippu. In that case, roast mung dal until it changes color slightly (takes about 4 – 5 minutes at medium heat) and cool down before grinding. Use more sugar if required. Here are the pics..