Spicy Chicken Sandwich
1. Bread slices – 6
2. Boneless chicken – 250 gm, cut into small pieces
3. Oil – 1.5 tbsp
4. Onion – 1 cup, thinly sliced
5. Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
6. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder – 3/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
7. Tomato – 1/2 medium, seeds removed and sliced
8. Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
9. Cilantro – 2 – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
10. Salt – To taste
For onion salad / challas
11. Red onion – 1cup, sliced into thin rounds or thinly sliced
Vinegar – 3/4 tsp
Green chilies – 2, cut into thin rounds
Salt – To taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix and squeeze everything well using your fingers. If you want, you can add 1/4 cup thinly sliced tomatoes also. Set aside.
1. Cook the chicken pieces adding salt and pepper powder. When cooled, shred the cooked chicken and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Saute sliced onion until transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Saute again until onion turns light golden. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder. Mix well. Saute until raw smell leaves. Add sliced tomato and cook until soft. Next add ketchup and mix well. Finally add in the cooked chicken pieces and mix well. Cook for a minute. Switch off. Sprinkle chopped cilantro. This filling should be a little moist otherwise it will spill out of the sandwich. If its dry, add a little more ketchup.
3. Spread the cooked chicken masala on a bread slice. Top with 1 – 2 tbsp onion salad. Brush the outside with oil/ butter(optional) and grill until done. Serve as is or with tomato ketchup.