Ingredients (Makes 4 sandwiches)
1. Bread slices – 8 (I used whole wheat bread)
2. Paneer – 1.5 cups heaped, grated
3. Oil – 1.5 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
4. Ginger – 1.5 tsp
Onion – 3/4 cup, finely chopped
Green chilly – 1, finely chopped
5. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
6. Tomato – 1 medium, seeds removed and finely chopped
7. Kashmiri chilly powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
8. Bell pepper – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
9. Cilantro – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
10. Salt – To taste
11. Onion – 1 cup, thinly sliced
12. Freshly ground pepper – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
13. Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
To make paneer bhurji
1. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and add finely chopped onion and little salt. Saute until onion turns transparent. Add turmeric powder and mix well. Next add chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy. Add finely chopped bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes. Add kashmiri chilly powder, garam masala powder, mix well and then add grated paneer, enough salt and mix well. Finally add in chopped cilantro and mix well. The filling should be a little moist. Switch off.
2. Spread the prepared paneer bhurji mixture on a bread slice. Top with sliced onion. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and chat masala. Place another slice of bread on top and then grill / toast it in a pan (you can brush the bread slices with oil / butter). Once done, cut into triangles. Serve as is or with tomato ketchup.
Luvd the presentation…Maya how do u manage 2 chop so finely??? I have observed the chopping style in the recipes u share..
Good eye Rashmi :-), I don’t do anything special , may be its just practice.
Awesome and delicious looking sandwich. Wonderfully prepared.
I made them!!!
My little brother who is not a big fan of paneer asked for second servings 🙂
Thanks a looot for sharing
You’re welcome! Great to know that you guys liked it 🙂