Recipe Courtesy – Dorie Greenspan’s “Baking from my home to yours”
1. Unsalted butter – 5 tbsp, cut into pieces
2. Semi-sweet chocolate – 6 oz, coarsely chopped
3. Sugar – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
4. Eggs – 2 large
5. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Instant espresso powder (I used bru instant) – 1/2 tsp
6. Salt – 1 pinch
All purpose flour – 1/3 cup
7. Walnuts – 1 cup, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 F / 160 C. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or foil, butter the foil.
2. In a heatproof bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the ingredients are just melted. Remove the bowl.
3. Add in the sugar and whisk well. Next add in the eggs, one by one followed by vanilla extract and espresso powder. Whisk well.
4. Gently stir in the salt and flour just until incorporated. Finally fold in the chopped walnuts, with a spatula.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake the brownies for 28 – 30 minutes at 325 F, until a knife or tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Transfer the pan to a wire-rack and cool completely at room temperature. Then lift the brownies from the pan using the foil, peel away the foil. Cut into 16 squares. Serve as is at room temperature or with ice cream. These brownies are best served within 2 days of baking. You can freeze the brownies for up to 2 months, wrapped airtight. These brownies are super-yummy..Enjoy!!