Ingredients (Makes 4 large)
1. Puff pastry sheet – 1, thawed
2. Cream cheese – 4 ounce, room temperature
Egg yolk – 1
Sugar – 3.5 – 4 tbsp or to taste
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Almond extract – 1/2 tsp
Salt – A tiny pinch
3. Blueberries / strawberries – As needed
4. Egg white – of 1, beaten
5. Powdered sugar – For sprinkling
1. Combine the ingredients numbered 2 until smooth.
2. Preheat oven at 400 F.
3. Thaw the puff pastry sheet as per packet instructions. Dust some flour on your work surface, and roll the puff pastry sheet slightly with a rolling pin until it’s around 10” square.
4. Cut 4 squares out of the rolled puff pastry (you can cut them into any shape you prefer) and working quickly (so the puff pastry doesn’t start sticking) spoon about 1.5 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each one. Press down a few blue berries or sliced strawberries on top.
5. Brush the edges of each pastry with the beaten egg white and fold 2 opposite corners to the center, pressing firmly so they stick together. Brush the top of the pastries with the beaten egg white. Place the pastries on an aluminium foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes at 400 F until golden brown and puffed. Cool on a wire rack. It tastes best when warm or at room temperature. Its easy to make and super-delicious. Do give this a try!