- Yoghurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
2. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
3. All purpose flour / Maida – 1.5 cup
4. Sugar – 3 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Honey – 1 tbsp
Rose water – 1/4 tsp
5. Mixed fruit jam / any jam you prefer – 1/3 cup
Sugar or honey – 2 tsp
6. Desiccated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine yoghurt with sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside for two minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, oil and salt to yoghurt mix. Whisk gently to combine. Add a pinch of cardamom powder, all purpose flour in 2 – 3 batches and mix gently. Pour the batter into a parchment lined cake pan (8 inch square pan).
4. Bake at 350 F for about 37 – 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking pan for about 10 – 15 minutes. Remove cake from the pan. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
Prick holes on the cake using a tooth pick / skewer. You can trim the sides of the cake, if you want.
5. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for a minute over low heat. Switch off. Add 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 tsp rose water and mix well. Pour over the cake and spread uniformly.
6. In the same saucepan, add 1/3 cup jam and 1 tsp sugar / honey. Cook over low-medium heat until jam melts. Spread it over the cake. Sprinkle desiccated coconut on top. Set aside for 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy..refrigerate leftovers.